Be still & know that I am God...Psalm 46:10

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Freckle Juice.......

......growing up, i was slam pack full of freckles and i hated every last one of them.  my brother and sister suffered the same fate.  we were a family full of freckles.  so when i was little and dreamed about what my future children would look like i always had a clear cut picture in my mind.  they would have brown hair, fair skin and of course be full of freckles.  i never thought to take into consideration what the father of my children might contribute to their looks.  so along comes christian.....he's got the dark hair but he's also got dark skin and absolutely NO freckles.  he didn't look like what i thought my kids would look like.   round two.....here comes samantha.  blonde hair, dark skin and a couple (and i mean just a couple) of freckles.  once again, not what i pictured.  my sisters kids are what i pictured my kids to look like.   of course her husband is also fair skin & freckled faced too so i guess that's makes a difference.  finally along comes ryan.  my sweet little ryan.  he is mine.  brown hair, fair skin and chock full of beautiful little freckles.  it's amazing how time changes our perspective on things.  i absolutely adore his freckles.  to me it looks just like God took out his freckle shaker and sprinkled perfect little freckles all across his cheeks.  how beautiful.........

2 comments:

  1. i love freckles! I come from a fairly freckled family, too. I got freckles and I love them. How cute that your last got the most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love them now too. for some crazy reason i just didn't appreciate them when i was little. guess they grow on you....literally...hahhahahahaa! oh i'm crackin myself up over here! :o))))

    ReplyDelete